Transferring your posts from WordPress into an Areavoices blog is pretty simple. Here’s a step-by-step look at how it’s done with WordPress.
- Go to the dashboard of your WordPress blog, then go to “Tools” –> “Export”
- On the export page, click on “Export” (as opposed to the “guided transfer” option)
- On the next export page, make sure you’ve selected “all content” and click on the “download export file” button; it will download the file you need. Your export is now finished.
- Then go to the dashboard of your Areavoices blog
- Go to “tools” –> “import”
- On the “Import” page, it will ask you to choose the system from which to import content. Click “WordPress”
- On the next page, upload the file you exported from WordPress
- On the “Import WordPress” page, select yourself as the author; if you wish, check “Download and import file attachments”; click “submit”
If you run into problems, feel free to email me at email@example.com or call me at 701.451.5734.